Friday 29 March 2013

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter to one and all.  Here in West Yorkshire, it is cold and we have some snow on the ground.  Come on Spring!!

Today I am showing you a little project I made this week. I saw something very much like it somewhere, but I have forgotten where, so I can't give anyone credit!! If it is yours, put it in the comments with a link, and thank you very much! I loved it and it gave me inspiration.

Egg boxes, I recycle them usually to the Vet's where I get my eggs from and they refill the boxes, but I put some chocolate eggs in this one.




Firstly I painted the box and gave it a spray of Sparkle & Shine.  Using Craftwork Cards Bohemian papers, I die cut a label, stuck it on the top.  I then I pleated "Sari Silk" ribbon round the edge of the box.  Word of warning here, "red" tape is no good once you have sprayed the box, it pulled off, so it was very sticky glue that I covered myself and the box with.  I punched out some flowers and used some I had sat in my flower box and stickled them, just love stickles! And some pearls in the centres. Added a couple of butterflies, with the trusty stickles to make the bodies.  Some of the Sari Silk ribbon, stuck round the lid, and tied in a bow.

 And here is the inside;

I used cupcake wraps, cut down in each of the cups, then added the eggs.



Thanks for having a look at my blog.  Want a laugh? The cat was asleep on the back of the settee behind me, she has just fallen off.  She now has that look that cats have when something embarassing has happened to them.  "Me fall off the back of the settee, I meant to fall off, don't you dare laugh at me"  She is ok BTW, think she landed on her feet.

Andrea  XOXO!



7 comments:

  1. Fab recycling Andrea - that's the kind of egg box I'd love lol!! Hugs, Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ali. Had fun making it. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really pretty Andrea! Love the idea and the papers and the flowers!! And the butterfly!! Gorgeous!
    Mo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WoW Andrea x
    LoVe it x
    Who is the lucky owner of your gorgeous boho creation (great blooms by the way!!!)???
    And the choccies will be long gone by now but can be filled up again next year - clever you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Kassa, I made it for my friend and her daughter. I heard that the eggs were cracked on the Wednesday evening before Easter! Yes, I think it will be filled next year!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete