My Grandmother was born in the late 1880's. I remember her wearing Directoire knickers, they were made of a cotton jersey, a sort a salmon pink colour, the legs came down below her knees and were elasticed. Needless to say twanging the elastic was a great game.
Another type of clothing from the time was the Liberty Bodice, I loved mine, fleecy on the inside and cuddly warm. Some friends had ones that buttoned to their knickers ( no cold backs) and some had rubber buttons down the front.
My memories were a big part of making the card I am showcasing today.
I had bought the stamp at GNPE, I used it and looked at it, it was so like Liberty Bodice!
What I did:
Stamped image on to white card, embossed it, then coloured it with Putty Pro-Marker. Blue and green pro-markers were used on the flowers on the image. Matching satin ribbon was pleated round the cutout image.
I used a Craftwork Cards, Tunnel Card, and one of the embossed shapes, which just fits nicely on the diecut front. The back of the card had a sheet of creamy pink, pearlised dotty paper attached, I tucked small pieces onto the corners of the front, to cover the white card.
The embossed frame was coloured using Tim Holtz Distress Ink pads, Antique Linen and Victorian Velvet. I also used it on the edges, sides and inside of the card.
To put the card together, I cut a strip of acetate to fit the width of the card, sticking it to centre folds, then I used double sided tape on the centre folds of the sides to encase the ends of the acetate and join the centre folds, have a look at the photo below, which shows the inside of the card.
I added the image to the acetate.
Then the fun began adding "bits" lace, ribbon, blooms ( Thanks for the tutorials, Karen Hayselden!), buttons and hooks and eyes etc.
Hope you enjoyed having a look at "Gramdma's Liberty Bodice", I loved doing it, and feel a canvas coming on!